If you click on any link below & decide to buy it, we may earn a small commission.
The world of technology has really advanced and wireless headphones are some of the amazing products to be added to the list, especially for music lovers. However, the question of whether wireless headphones can work with laptops hasn’t ceased popping up every now and then, but for good reasons.
If you own a laptop and are wondering whether wireless headphones will work with it and how to connect them, then this is a post for you.
So, do wireless headphones work with laptops?
The answer to this question is a big yes. However, there are several factors to consider since not all laptops are capable of connecting with wireless headphones.
To break this down further, your laptop must be equipped with a Bluetooth device in order to work with wireless headphones. This is the same technology that allows your smartphone to work with wireless headphones as it helps in the transmission of sound.
While it’s possible that you know how to connect your wireless headphones to the smartphone, the process of doing so on your Windows device could be a little bit tricky in some cases. However, it doesn’t require rocket science to do so.
It is also worth noting that all wireless headphones are not created equal. Some of the wireless headphones available in the market are a little bit sophisticated thus allowing them to connect to at least two devices simultaneously. That means you can connect with both your smartphone and laptop at the same time.
How to connect your wireless headphones to the laptop
For starters, this process is not as complicated as it might seem. You can have your wireless headphones working with the laptop with a few since the process is almost similar to that used to connect with the smartphone.
That said, let’s look at the process of connecting wireless headphones to your laptop:
- Start by putting the wireless headphones on the Bluetooth pairing mode. This is the first step which is key towards your success. To do this, press the headphone’s power button until the status light starts blinking. You can also put the Bluetooth on by following the manufacturer’s user manual or instructions.
- Also make sure that your laptop is turned on. Once this is done, click the start menu button on the laptop and choose settings. The button is normally gear-shaped and thus not easy to miss. Additionally, you can go to the search box on the start menu and type in the word “settings”. This will give you the option to select the Settings app.
- Once the app opens, several options will be available including “network & internet”, “System.” Click on “Devices.” This will automatically open up to a new page that has various options including Printers & Scanners, Connected devices and Bluetooth among others. Click on Bluetooth in order to have access to the settings.
- Once it opens, ensure that your laptop’s Bluetooth is on. The button should turn bluish in color as an indicator that it’s on. Your PC will then search and seek to discover any Bluetooth devices around. Allow this process but still make sure that Bluetooth on the wireless headphones is also on.
- Your pairing Bluetooth should be visible and on the list of the available devices. It should indicate that it’s “ready to pair” thus giving you the ability to proceed to the next step.
- Click the “Pair” button. This will be followed by a pop up window which allows you to compare the passcodes to make sure they are matching. If you’re satisfied that the two devices are pairing and the pass codes are identical, click “Yes” to confirm. This however will depend on the type of headphones you’re using. Some headphones are designed to connect automatically with your laptop while others will require the Pass code.
- Once the connection is successful, a message will appear indicating that the two are connected. By this, you will have your wireless earphones ready for use with your laptop. Click “Done” and then go ahead and close the “Settings” window.
With these simple and straightforward steps, you can successfully connect your wireless headphones to the laptop and enjoy your music or movies comfortably. Amazingly, this allows you to enjoy the power and amplification coming from the laptop, something that many people will really appreciate.
Additionally, if at all you don’t have access to wireless headphones or the ones you have aren’t powerful enough to produce amazing effects, using the best headphone amps could be a great solution.
Solid state and tube headphone amps offer great solutions as far as headphone amplification is concerned. However, understanding the difference between these two would be great while at the same time familiarizing with the different models available.