If you click on any link below & decide to buy it, we may earn a small commission.
No matter your profession, there is always a suitable tech tool to make your work precise and accurate. The same can be said for creative artists who can make use of high-end laptops, which can offer them more flexibility in drawing accurate pictures.
Many of these laptops come with a digital pen, have a characteristic lightweight, HD screen resolution, and top-end graphics display. A laptop with a digital pen offers enough sensitivity for making fast, precise, and accurate graphic design, sketch, and architectural work.
Therefore, if you are an artist or graphic designer, your best take is to look for a hybrid-powered system with a good memory, fast speed, and high mobility. A Typical artist laptop should also allow the smooth running of any artist software (like AutoCAD).
In this post, you will find the best hybrid laptops suitable for artistic needs.
- Best Laptops for Drawing
- 1. Lenovo Flex 5 – Best flexible laptop for drawing
- 2. Apple MacBook Pro 16-inch – functional, attractive, and powerful
- 3. HP Spectre x360 – Best for drawing software
- 4. Microsoft Surface Pro 7 – Best 2-in-1 laptop
- 5. Lenovo Yoga 710-15 – Best for productivity
- 6. Dell Precision M5550 – top of the line specs for drawing
- 7. Samsung Notebook 9 Pro
- 8. ASUS Chromebook Flip C434 2-In-1 – Best Chromebook for tight budget artists
- 9. Lenovo Yoga 920 – alternative 2-in-1
- 10. Microsoft Surface Go – Best laptop for light art
Best Laptops for Drawing
1. Lenovo Flex 5 – Best flexible laptop for drawing
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 4500U
- RAM: 16 GB DDR4
- Storage: 256 GB SSD
- Display: 360⁰ 14-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS touchscreen
- GPU: Integrated AMD Radeon Graphics
Lenovo Flex 5 is a multi-faceted laptop that serves its best use for sketching, drawing, and cinematic purpose. It has a convertible design making it have a notebook, tablet, and tent mode (thanks to its 360o hinge fold design). It comes with a screen display size of 14 inches along with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels and full HD IPS technology. Overall, the laptop has size dimensions around 12.6 x 8.9 x 0.6 inches and a weight of 7.6 pounds.
Besides, the laptop is effectively powered by an AMD Ryzen 5 chipset in combination with an Integrated AMD Radeon Graphics. It is well backed up by 16GB RAM and an internal SSD storage of 256 GB. It features two thunderbolt-3 ports, a combo jack. It is also bundled with a stylus pen for the best use by artists. To cap it all, the laptop has excellent viewing angles, Dolby vision, and excellent speakers.
- Those who like to use a bigger tablet.
- Those who like a cinematic experience with Dolby vision feature.
- Artists who like gadgets with a touchscreen and stylus pen feature.
2. Apple MacBook Pro 16-inch – functional, attractive, and powerful
- CPU: 2.3GHz 8-core 9th-generation Intel Core i9 processor with Turbo Boost up to 4.8GHz
- RAM: 16GB
- Storage: 512GB or 1TB SSD
- Display: 16-inch True Tone Retina
- GPU: Intel UHD Graphics 630
The Apple MacBook Pro 16-inch is an ultra-slim and sleek laptop with a retinal screen display of 16 inches. It comes with a weight of 4.3 pounds, which, of course, is slightly heavy. Also, it is the best take for 3-D artists who love Apple products.
The MacBook features a powerful processor of Intel Core i7 6 core chipset. The Intel works at a speed of 2.6 GHz allowing graphics designers to work efficiently and smoothly with the toughest Artistic Apps.
When it comes to storage and speed, the MacBook Pro comes with an internal SSD storage from 512GB and a 16GB RAM. Although, unlike most laptops on this list, the MacBook does not feature a digital pen, which is the best use for designers.
However, it comes with an intuitive Touch Bar and Touch ID area, which is comfortable to use. The presence of 4 thunderbolt allows for the simultaneous connection of different external devices. What’s unique is the fact the 15.4 inches retina display has a good color grade owing to the presence of Intel UHD GPU.
This Laptop features a strong battery able to power it at a minimum of 10 hours.
- Designers who need a portable ultra-slim laptop for design projects.
- Creative Artists who use heavy software design packages to carry out their work efficiently.
- Artists who need a hybrid-powered visual color combination and like the Mac OS.
3. HP Spectre x360 – Best for drawing software
- CPU: 8th Generation Intel Core i7-8565U
- RAM: 16 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM (2 x 8 GB)
- Storage: 512 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD
- Display: 15.6 diagonal 4K IPS eDP micro-edge BrightView WLED-backlit (3840 x 2160)
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce MX150 (2GB GDDR5 dedicated)
The HP Spectre is a high-end graphics laptop that takes portability to an extreme. It comes with a screen size of 15.6 inches, which uses a 4K IPS WLED backlit technology. A durable corning Gorilla Glass NBT supports the screen. The Laptop offers a screen resolution of 3840 x 2160 pixels.
Overall, HP Spectre comes with size dimensions 12.2 x 8.6 x 0.6 inches and a lightweight of 2.03 pounds. Spectre x360 is effectively powered by a powerful Intel Core i7-8565U, which operates at a speed between 1.8-4.0 GHz. It has a RAM of 16GB, a memory speed of around 2400 MHz and a hard drive of 512GB.
As a reward for good artists, the HP specter acts as a hybrid with both Laptop and tablet computer functionalities. It includes an x360 stylus pen for painting and drawing. It has a Biometric Fingerprint reader for enhanced security.
The powerful processor allows you to optimize the use of Photoshop and other drawing software. It is effectively backed up by a Windows 10 OS.
- Those who like to create visual contents in either a tablet or notebook form.
- Domestic laptop activities, such as light gaming and watching high-resolution movies.
- Those who like the Windows OS for their visual works.
4. Microsoft Surface Pro 7 – Best 2-in-1 laptop
- CPU: 10th Gen Intel Core i5
- RAM: 8GB
- Storage: 128GB SSD
- Display: 12.3 Touch-Screen
- GPU: Intel Iris Plus Graphics
Microsoft Surface Pro 7 is a well-built laptop with a portable design. It comes with a screen size of 12.3 inches which has a resolution around 2736 x 1824 pixels. The screen comes with a 4K rendition giving a clear, clean graphics interface. On the overall, the Microsoft Surface comes with size dimensions around 12.7 x 9.1 x 1.9 inches and a weight of 4.57 pounds.
The laptop is not a high-end type has it is only powered by 10th generation Intel Core processor combined with an Intel Iris Plus graphics. However, its core is a quad that supports tough design tasks and makes it worth its price tag.
It has a RAM size of 8GB, LPDDR3 type which supports a speed of 1866MHz. In terms of memory capacity, the Microsoft Surface comes with internal storage only around 128GB. The laptop is a convertible as it can be used as a notebook and also a tablet.
Although the laptop supports a stylus pen functionality, it is not included in the package, thereby costing you an extra purchase. However, on the bright side, the stylus pen could offer 4096 levels of pressure with great accuracy and sensitivity.
When it comes to external connections, the notebook doesn’t support a lot of simultaneous connections as it only comes with one USB 3.0 port. It has a memory card reader slot to fit in the memory card as extra storage. It is effectively backed up by a Windows 10 operating system. As the last niche, the laptop has a good battery life, which supports 10 hours of active time.
- Graphics Designers who perform heavy-duty tasks.
- Best use for creative artists who wants to maximize the power of efficiency.
5. Lenovo Yoga 710-15 – Best for productivity
- CPU: 7th Gen Intel Core i5-7200U (2.5GHz, 3M Cache, Turbo up to 3.10 GHz, Dual Core, Four Threads)
- RAM: 8 GB DDR4
- Storage: 256 GB Solid State Drive
- Display: 15.6 Full HD 1920 x 1080 10-point multitouch screen; 360-degree flip-and-fold design; LED backlight
- GPU: Intel HD Graphics 620
The Lenovo Yoga 710-15 is also a hybrid laptop with a notebook and tablet functionality. This functionality is possible, all thanks to a 360-degree hinge that folds it all the back. It comes with a screen display around size 15.6-inches. The screen display has touch functionality and resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels. The screen also has an LED backlight and has the windows ink.
To cap it, the screen uses an IPS HD technology. On the overall, the laptop has size dimensions around 14.1 x 0.7 x 9.6 inches and, 4.19 pounds.
Lenovo Yoga 710-15 is effectively powered by a 6th generation core i5-6200U processor making the laptop quite fast and efficient in performance. The processor clocks a speed of 2.5 GHz with 3M cache and turbo up to 3.10 GHz. When it comes to storage capacity, the notebook has a RAM capacity of 8GB and internal SSD storage of 256GB size.
It comes with a good combination of two thunderbolt-3 ports, one 3.0 USB port, and a 3.5 headphone jack. Externally, the laptop features two microphones and 2 JBL stereo speakers. Now, when it comes to battery life, the battery can take up to 8 hours of usage time.
- Students, travelers, and web developers.
- Those who want a lasting battery life.
6. Dell Precision M5550 – top of the line specs for drawing
- CPU: 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7-10750H
- RAM: 8GB
- Storage: 256GB M.2 SSD
- Display: 15.6 UltraSharp FHD+ IGZO4, 1920x1200
- GPU: NVIDIA Quadro T1000 4GB GDDR5
The Dell Precision M55550 is not a top-end graphics tool. However, it comes with groundbreaking functionalities suitable for graphic design, photo, and video editing. Dell Precision M5550 comes out of the box as a 15.6 screen size for a better power of display. The screen offers a resolution of 1920 x 1200 pixels and 72% NTSC color gamut. Overall, the laptop comes with a size dimension of around 19.1 x 13.2 x 3.5 inches and is quite heavy, about 7.3 pounds.
It comes with a processor type of Xeon E3-1505M, v5 quad-core. The Quad-Core operates at a speed of 2.80 GHz, and it allows the use of drawing software like Photoshop, illustrator, and other digital painting software. It features an internal SSD storage of 256GB, RAM storage of 8GB with a speed of 2133MHz, and an NVIDIA Quadro T1000 4GB GDDR5 graphics card.
Also, it runs on a Windows 10 Pro operating system. The Dell Precision M5550 comes with 3 USB C ports. When it comes to battery life, it includes lithium able to power the laptop 5-6 hours on a single charge.
- Use by Video editors and 3-D artists because of their high-end specifications.
- Those who love quality and top-notch features.
- Those who need a laptop with a large storage capacity.
- CPU: 8th Gen Intel Core i7-8550U Processor (1.8GHz base up to 4.00 GHz with TURBO BOOST)
- RAM: 16GB DDR4
- Storage: 256GB SSD
- Display: Full HD 15 1080p TOUCHSCREEN for hands-on control with 360-degree flip-and-fold ROTATING
- GPU: AMD Radeon 540 graphics card with 2GB dedicated memory
Samsung Notebook 9 is a typical artist laptop with convertible functionality and an S-Pen for drawing. It comes out of the box with a slender but solid-built laptop suitable for artistic purposes. The Notebook has a screen display of 15-inches, which features a 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution, 16:9 aspect ratio.
Overall, the laptop has size dimensions around 13.7 x 9 x 0.7 inches and a weight of 7.8 ounces. It is adequately powered by an 8th generation Intel i7 processor, which is the best for operating high-end user graphic software efficiently. It is combined with AMD Radeon 540 integrated Intel UHD graphics 620; In terms of memory capacity, the Laptop has an internal storage of 256GB memory and a RAM of 16GB.
What’s unique about the Samsung Notebook 9 is the S-pen, which has high tilt sensitivity and runs well on Windows 10 Home Operating System. The Pen is super-light and has an excellent point of 0.07mm. When it comes to battery life, it could last an average of 15 hours on usage. The features in overall, allow the laptop to be used for design, cinematic, and light gaming experience.
- Visual Artists who need Pen functionality to make accurate drawings or sketches.
- Those who need a Laptop for the purpose of entertainment.
- Those who need a hybrid computer for more productivity in any instance.
8. ASUS Chromebook Flip C434 2-In-1 – Best Chromebook for tight budget artists
- CPU: Intel Core m3-8100Y Processor (up to 3.4 GHz)
- RAM: 8GB LPDDR3
- Storage: 64GB eMMC
- Display: 14 Touchscreen Full HD 1920x1080 4-way NanoEdge display featuring ultra-narrow bezels (5mm thin)
- GPU: Intel HD Graphics 615
The Asus Chromebook provides design needs for artists at the best budget price. The laptop has a 12.5 inches screen size display. The screen features a full HD display and is well supported by a corning Gorilla Glass for enhanced durability. The Screen also features a touch functionality.
The Asus Chromebook is a hybrid computer system that can be converted from laptop to tablet with its 360 flexible hinges. The Asus Chromebook comes with an overall size dimension of 8.3 x 2 x 0.5 inches and lightweight design of 2.65 pounds. It is effectively supported by an Intel Core M3, which has a speed of 3.4 GHz.
When it comes to internal storage, the Chromebook has a 64 GB multi-media card hard drive and a RAM of 8GB RAM. Due to the low memory, the Chromebook offers an additional Google cloud storage around 100GB for extra data savings. When it comes to battery life, the Laptop can last between 5-6 hours of usage.
- Visual artists limited to a tight budget.
- Designers who are looking for a relatively cheap portable laptop at a lightweight design.
9. Lenovo Yoga 920 – alternative 2-in-1
- CPU: 8th Gen Intel Core i7-8550U
- RAM: 8GB
- Storage: 256GB SSD
- Display: 13.9 touch screen for hands-on control; 1920 x 1080 native resolution. IPS technology. LED backlight
- GPU: Intel UHD Graphics 620
Enjoy a brilliant creative experience with Lenovo Yoga 920, a convertible laptop. It comes with a screen display around size 13.9 inches. The screen display has touch functionality and resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels. To cap it, the screen uses an IPS HD technology. On the overall, the laptop has size dimensions around 12.7 x 8.8 x 0.5 inches and a weight of 3.02 pounds.
Lenovo Yoga 920 is effectively powered by an 8th generation core i7 processor making the laptop quite fast and efficient in performance. When it comes to storage capacity, the Lenovo Yoga 920 has 8GB RAM and an internal SSD storage of 256GB size. It comes with a good combination of two thunderbolt-3 ports, one 3.0 USB port, and a 3.5 headphone jack.
Furthermore, the Lenovo Yoga 920 comes with the best offering of a stylus pen and 105-percent sRGB color gamut for the best use by artists. The active stylus pen supports up to 4096 pressure levels. Lastly, it offers a quite decent battery life of 12 hours.
- Digital Artists who need a premium experience with a hybrid laptop.
- Those who like the light pen functionality.
10. Microsoft Surface Go – Best laptop for light art
- CPU: Intel Core M (8th Gen)
- RAM: 8GB
- Storage: 128GB SSD
- Display: 10.5 Touchscreen with pen input
- GPU: Intel HD 615
Microsoft Surface Go is a small, sleek, and portable hybrid Laptop suitable for drawing and making small sketches. It comes with a screen display of 10-inches, which is actually small and quite similar to the size of an A5 paper. The 10-inches screen has touch functionality and comes at a resolution of 1800 x 1200 pixels. On the overall, it comes out of the box with size dimensions around 9.7 x 6.9 x 0.3 inches and weighs 2.85 pounds. It is effectively powered by a co-processor Intel HD 615, making it a lower-end laptop that can’t be used for complex designs.
When it comes to storage capacity, Microsoft Surface Go has 8GB of RAM and small internal storage 128GB. One unique feature that puts the Microsoft Surface Go on the list is its light pen feature, which is useful for make quick and accurate sketches. It also features a built-in stand to set the laptop at different angles. It is effectively backed by a Windows 10 OS support.
- Beginners’ visual artists who need low-end specifications for minor design tasks.
- Use by students learning Design works.
- An individual drawing or creating 2-D artwork.
Whatever your option is as an artist, you need a laptop that is powerful enough to accommodate your design software and can allow it’s smooth running.
The laptops reviewed in this article allows artists and designers to edit their work in a professional setting without the need to buy peripherals. The majority have a stylus pen, touchscreen functionality, and a good graphics display.
They can be used anywhere as they come with portability. These laptops are the best buy options for an artist and make your work more efficient and comfortable.