If you click on any link below & decide to buy it, we may earn a small commission.
The Sims 4 is becoming more and more popular over time. It is among 2014’s and 2015’s most popular PC games, which is nothing surprising.
Another question that frequently comes up is – can I play Sims 4 on Mac?
Is Sims 4 Compatible with Mac?
Yes, it is possible to play Sims 4 on a MacBook. Installing Origin allows you to download the Mac version of Sims 4 if you purchase a PC-only package.
In fact, Mac is one of the recommended laptops for playing Sims 4.
Sims 4 is compatible with Mac, but you must have enough storage space to store the Sims 4. Additionally, MacBooks usually have limited storage space, and playing Sims 4 with maximum specs can cause the MacBook to overheat but won’t ruin it.
It requires powerful machines to play The Sims 4. However, MacBooks aren’t meant for gaming; since Sims 4 is a complex game, MacBooks can have difficulty running the game.
However, we shouldn’t underestimate MacBooks since their low specifications don’t mean they can’t run Sims 4.
One of the best Mac devices I would recommend for Sims 4 is the MacBook Pro 13 Inches. This MacBook is the ideal machine for anyone who does some heavy-duty work, such as compiling iOS. You can use this system to handle as many heavy tasks as possible. It would make it the best MacBook for Sims 4.
It doesn’t require a lot of your system to run the Sims 4, and you can even run it on any budget laptop. Despite that, this MacBook Pro has more than enough power to handle large amounts of work.
This machine can run multiple games and open many tabs. When it comes to the MacBook Pro, there is no lagging. As a result, you can now encrypt, edit videos, and perform other long-standing tasks. You will have more memory than a MacBook Air.
Additionally, the M1 processor will run even faster. If there is a lot of heat, the fans take the pressure. Due to this, you also get 10-20% faster performance than with a MacBook Air.
Minimum System Requirements for Sims 4
- OS: Metal required. Mac OS® X 10.11 (El Capitan)
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo processor running at 2.4GHz or better
- RAM: 4 GB or more
- Hard Drive: At least 15 GB of free disk space plus an extra 1 GB for saved content.
- GPU: ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro or NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT or better. At least 256MB of video memory or higher.
- Input: Mouse and Keyboard
- Online Requirements: Product activation requires an Internet connection.
Mac Recommended System Requirements for Sims 4
- OS: Version 10.11 or later of Mac OS® X
- Processor: Core i5 processor or better
- GPU: NVIDIA GTX 650 or later
- RAM: 8 GB DDR4 RAM
- Hard Drive: 18GB of free space
What Is the Procedure for Downloading the Sims 4 on a Mac?
If you want to download the Sims 4 on your Mac device, you must follow the given steps.
- First, you will need to download the Origin for Mac.
- On Origin.com, you will find the download link to Origin for Mac.
- To play The Sims 4, you will need to create an account. Log into your account with the same email address you use on the PC to play The Sims 4.
- You will need to click on the “My Game Library” tab and select The Sims 4 to access the game.
- You will be able to download The Sims 4 into your Origin Library as soon as you click Download.
- It doesn’t take long for the Sims 4 download to complete, and when it does, you will be able to launch The Sims 4.
How to Purchase & Install Add-on Content for Sims 4 on Mac?
Follow these steps if you want to buy Add-on Content for Sims 4.
- Play The Sims 4 on Mac using the same Origin account; make sure to log in to the Origin client.
- The second option is to select the My Game Library tab and click The Sims 4.
- To find the required add-on content, click on the More Details and scroll down.
- You can purchase it here if you wish to play with any add-on content on The Sims 4.
- When you log in with the same EA account on each system, you will have access to all purchases you make on one system.
Besides, if you want to improve your gaming experience and install some add-on content for Sims 4, follow the given steps.
- You might know that playing The Sims 4 requires an account. You will require the same account you used to play The Sims 4 on your Mac to sign in to the Origin client.
- You will have to select My Game Library and choose The Sims 4.
- You can find the content of the specific sections by clicking on the More Details button. You will find game packs, bonuses, and Add-ons in this section. With this section, you can download and install any add-on content you wish for The Sims 4.
Can I Transfer the Sims 4 Files from PC to Mac & Will It Work?
Yes, you can transfer your already installed Sims 4 files from PC to Mac. The best thing is those files will work without any issue. You will have to follow the given steps to transfer all the Sims 4 files from PC to Mac.
- You should open your PC, click My Computer, and select the Documents folder.
- After that, you need to select Electronic Arts, after which you can open The Sims 4 folder.
- Find the whole Sims 4 saves folder and save it on your flash drive.
- Connect the flash drive to your Mac, and you’re ready to go.
- You will need to open Finder on your Mac and then navigate to Documents, Electronic Arts, and The Sims 4.
- If your Mac has a Sims 4 folder, you must copy and paste the saves folder from the flash drive into it. You can delete or rename an existing Sims 4 saves folder if it is already there.
- You can use the rename option to keep an existing saved file on your Mac so you can access it later. When you play Sims 4 for the first time, the folder will appear in your documents.
You will now be able to create and load your saved games on your Mac once you have completed the above steps. Remember that game saves don’t automatically transfer across platforms due to the lack of support for Origin cloud storage in Sims 4. You can manually transfer your game saves using a USB drive.
If you have access to Origin for Mac, you can play the Sims 4 on your MacBook. If you buy a packaged PC-based version of Sims 4 from Origin, you will be able to download the Sims 4 Mac version after purchase. We can thus conclude that you can play Sim 4 on a Mac without much problem.
Sims 4 is the only game where you can create stories with new Sims with unique personalities. Additionally, The Sims 4 introduces a brand-new gallery feature that instantly lets you share your creations with friends.